PAGE TWO & PAGE THREE DOUBLE PAGE SPLASH – 9 PANELS
1. INT. A dingy bar New York City. DOCTOR JOHN STRANGE (John Constantine/Doctor Strange) sits at the bar drinking water from a whiskey glass. He has blonde hair with graying sides, he has a blonde version of Doctor Strange’s facial hair. He wears a white vest with an open Hawaiian shirt over the top, the shirt is blue, red and yellow. Over the shirt he wears Constantine’s signature trench coat. An old CRT Television hangs on the wall of the bar. We can’t see the screen. A balding barman GRANT stands behind the bar facing JOHN. Apart from JOHN and GRANT the place is empty.
Everyday you’re in here John, and everyday you just have water. It’s not like I’m rushed off my feet in here so buy a damn drink will ya.
Booze is bad for my line of work.
REPORTER (Coming from TV)
This is your afternoon bulletin…
2. Close up on JOHN.
Hey turn that up Grant.
3. Frame filled by the old CRT Television. The picture is grainy. A young female NEWS REPORTER sits behind a desk, the New York skyline is the image behind her. A logo along the bottom of the screen reads DAILY FRONTLINE.
Welcome to Daily Frontline, channel six one six’s leading news outlet.
Earlier reports of a crash in the Hudson River have since been cleared up by local climate agencies as a downed weather balloon.
A clean up team is currently on site. In other news….
4. Cut back to close up on JOHN. A smirk on his face and an unlit cigarette hanging out of his mouth.
Bollocks was that a downed weather balloon.
Hey you mind if I smoke in here?
5. Cut to close up on GRANT. He hangs his head slightly as if giving up on JOHN.
Sure, wouldn’t matter if I said no anyway.
6. Close up on JOHN’s hand, he holds his thumb and middle finger together ready to click them.
SFX (Around his thumb.)
7. Same as 6. However now a small blue flame has sprung into life in between his thumb and middle finger.
8. Same as 7. However JOHN now holds his cigarette in his other hand and lights it on the blue flame he holds.
9. JOHN is taking a drag on his cigarette; he is looking down at the bar. A shadowy figure stands behind him. The shadowy figure rests a hand on JOHN's shoulder.
You really do need to quit Doctor Strange.
I wondered when you’d turn up.
A weather balloon? That the best you boys got